Monday 13 July 2015

Day 13: BEing in the journey toward healing

Whatever ground I lost while being sick at the start of my journey toward healing and rest, I regained immediately upon arrival at our vacation cottage in Coupeville, WA. Everything about this place disarms any stress I was clinging to, just to maintain my usual state of being. Last night I just sat on the deck and stared at the view. That was about it.

Slept well. This morning I got up, got my son breakfast, and then we all kind of sat around and stared at the view. I said to my single parent friend, "I've only been up for an hour, but I feel sleepy again already." She said, "That's called relaxing." I said, "Huh."

Then we went to a park, got some food at the grocery store, came home where I painted a bit, went for a walk, and suddenly it was the end of the day. I can't believe how fast the day passes when one is relaxing.

Today would best be described as simply BEing, or being mindfully present. I was very aware of my presence interacting with almost every other presence in everything, with every step I took, dialed up to 11 (meaning every step I took, something else blew my mind). A few of those things were able to be captured on screen, and I hope they allow you to BE in the moment.

 
 
 
 

All was not just sweet smelling roses, however. My sitter helped with my son enormously. Autism still won 3 battles today that I just wasn't interested in fighting. The hardest was the last (bedtime). My blood pressure probably went up with the 40 minutes of screaming before sleep because he was tired and couldn't get himself to sleep. But now that he is asleep, I can watch the sunset sky and the twinkling lights across the bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment